Car accidents are definitely terrifying. What one would typically do first is check their condition as well as that of the other passengers, call the police, and seek medical attention if necessary. In such a horrifying situation, taking photographs of the incident wouldn’t immediately pass through the victim’s mind. Photos that document the injuries and damage, are invaluable when filing a personal injury claim. Here’s more explained by an Albuquerque personal injury attorney:
How Car Accident Photos Help Your Case?
Photos of the scene helps determine the cause of the accident, the extent of damages caused to the victim and their vehicle, and other factors that may be relevant to the case. Such factors include injuries, vehicle damage, traffic signs, eye witnesses, and property damage. Some victims probably won’t be able to recall everything that happened during the incident. Photos can help them recollect the details that they’d have otherwise forgotten.
When negotiating with an insurance company, presenting the photographs as evidence will justify your claims and prove that the other party is at fault. This allows you to get a compensation you truly deserve for the injuries and damages caused.
Taking Car Accident Photos – 5 Tips
So, what photos are relevant for a personal injury claim? Here are a few tips from an Albuquerque personal injury attorney:
• Take Photos of Your Injuries: Take photographs of your injuries if you can. Capture enough photos of the injuries, both during the incident and in the days following it. Some injuries, such as bruises, would only show up later, so keep an eye on them.
• Take Photos of the Vehicle Damage: Check for both internal and external damages of all the vehicles involved. Furthermore, take photos of the damages caused to the public property such as signs, building, or any other object. Your photos should clearly document even the smallest details including the skid marks on the road, debris, and other crucial evidence that can be helpful for your claim.
• Take Photos of the Witnesses and Police Officers: You might not be able to remember who were there at the time of the incident. When the personal injury law firm in Albuquerque wants to contact the police or eyewitnesses, your photos can be helpful in identifying them.
• Ensure the Time Stamp on Your Photos is Right: If you are using a camera instead of a smartphone to take photos, be sure that the date and time settings are correct. You don’t have to worry about it when using a smartphone though, as they’ll be automatically set.
• Take Photos of the Scene: Taking photos of the surrounding area might not seem relevant at first, but it can be useful later. Capture photos of the nearby shops. Maybe they’ll have a security camera with the footage of the incident.
Talk to a certified car accident lawyer in Albuquerque NM as soon as possible to file a personal injury claim. Their help and guidance will help get you a fair compensation.
The author is an Albuquerque personal injury attorney having more than 4 years’ experience in dealing with personal injury cases. In this article, he details the importance of taking car accident photographs to support a personal injury claim. To know more, visit https://www.lucerolawoffice.com/
So it’s time to end your whirlwind relationship, get committed,